You buy a copier, you feed it paper and toner, and it just works, right? Well, believe it or not, printing is one of the most misunderstood parts of business. Every company prints, but only a few have total visibility into what, how and the cost of what they’re printing. Below are some statistics that may shock you.
A managed print service (MPS) partner will be able to help you gain visibility into your printing infrastructure, tighten up security and compliance protocols, reduce your printing volume, and make sure you know what you are spending on print. These are scary statistics to brush under the rug; at the very least, you should have a print and workflow assessment performed on your company to begin getting an idea on your business’s printing situation.
Here are those statistics one more time:
- The average worker prints 34 pages a day; 17% go completely unused
- Full-time employees can spend, on average, 20+ minutes looking for a document
- 65% of documents get thrown away or recycled the same day they are printed
- Every $1 spent on printing can cost another $9 to manage over the lifecycle of the document
- 5% of all documents get lost in an office setting and 3% of all documents get misfiled
- 9 out of 10 North American companies have no idea what they spend on printing annually
- Printing can cost up to 3% of annual revenue and be the third highest expense after payroll and rent
- 3 out of 4 surveyed experienced serious business risk and/or compliance issues as a direct result of broken document processes
- Companies can underestimate the cost of printing by as much as 40%
- 23% of help desk calls are print related and take 15% of their time
Break free from the unknown, talk with a MPS partner today.